Umlauts and Revolution

Peter Malecki pemalecki at googlemail.com
Mon May 25 03:11:50 CDT 2009

Hi,

I am struggling with umlauts using Revolution and think it is a
problem of data exchange between Valentina and Revolution because it
works well within Valentina.

1.) Displaying data from a found set is no problem using UTF-8 with
Revolution although the documentation says: it uses UTF-16 by
default...

2.) Searching for umlauts doesn't work from Revolution, e.g. search
for "ändern, übel, öde, büßen but also French characters like é, à or
Spanish containig ~".
I found no way to convert such search strings. Any idea? Thank you for help!

Intel-Mac, Mac OS X 10.4, Revolution 3.5 Enterprise Edition

By the way: Valentina's performance is great! But I needed some time,
studying the Wiki :-)

--
Best Regards
Peter Malecki