Set the RecID

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun May 24 09:35:59 CDT 2009

On 5/24/09 3:54 PM, "Thomas Flemming" <tf at ttqv.com> wrote:

Hi Thomas,

> I'm somehow a bit confused of all the different possibilities ;-)
>
> I just want to set the recid of a table to a row, where a specific field has a
> specific value.
>
> This one works, but it is the best way?
>
> Dim resultset As IVBitSet = fldNodeID.FindValue(id)
> Dim resultIter As VSetIterator = CType(resultset, IVSet).MakeNewIterator
> mTblNodes.RecID = resultIter.FirstItem

No.

If you know that will be found ONE of FEW Recocrds only better use

> Dim resultset As IVAtraySet = fldNodeID.FindValueAsArraySet(id)

So you will get small memory usage  ArraySet with only ONE or FEW ulong
numbers.

   mTblNodes.RecID = resultSet.ItemAt(1)    // go to single found record

> What is the difference between IVArraySet, IVBitSet, IVSet,
> VArraySet, VBitSet, VSet  ?

As you should know, in .NET exists
    a) interfaces
    b) classes that implement that interfaces.

IVArraySet, IVBitSet, IVSet -- are interfaces

VArraySet, VBitSet, Vset -- are classes.
            just we cannot hide them it seems.

You should prefer to use Interfaces in your code.