Best Performance for VReport with remote project or local project?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Mar 30 09:17:49 CDT 2009

On 3/30/09 2:50 PM, "Fabian Eschrich" <info at faesch.de> wrote:

Hi Fabian,

> I try to make my first experiences with vreports to convert my app from
> ontargetreports (realbasic) to vreport.
>
> Currently I read my records from remote database and prepare them locally for
> report.
>
> As I understand, I can use vreport / vprojects on local client side or on the
> server side.

yes

> Does somebody have experiences what is better for performance?

There is always many Ifs here from what you have and what you want and what
you can.

* how much powerful is server?

* if you can and want build star of report-servers around single db-server?

And so on

I think both cases can win in some conditions.

For example render of report on local side CAN be faster if single query and
not many data ... And server is not spending time on reports.

On the other hand if reports reuiqre many sub-queries then remore work can
be slower.,

And IMO the most big bonus to use reports on server side is that SINGLE file
is in SINGLE palce. With client side each client must have project