Mac problem - memory leak?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Mar 20 00:50:37 CDT 2009

On 3/20/09 2:32 AM, "Vansh Singh" <vsingh at us.counterp.com> wrote:

> Ruslan,
>
> I cannot recreate it. It happens randomly and when it does crash, it
> works fine after a restart.
>
> Attached along is the file that I copied from the console on the Mac.

Hi Vansh,

Better avoid send attachments to list.

First observation:

> ---------------------------------
> Translated Code Information:
>
> Rosetta Version:  21.03
>
> Args:
> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Support/LaunchCFMApp
> /Users/vsingh/Desktop/mshd_updater_2.5_mac_5march09/mshd_update.osx
>
> Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
>

> Thread 0: (0xb019e83c, 0xb81529ef)
>
> 0x00000000: No symbol
>
> 0x94460558:
> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
> : _CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 1816
>
> 0x94460de0:
> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
> : _CFRunLoopRun + 64
>
> 0x940eb6e8:
> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Des
> ktopServicesPriv :
> TFSEventsNotificationTask::FSEventsNotificationTaskProc(void*) + 180
>
> 0x9345c47c:
> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Carbon
> Core.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore : _PrivateMPEntryPoint + 80
>
> 0x93a0817c: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib : __pthread_body + 40
> ---------------------------------

So you use old Director MX 2004,
As result you get MAC CARBON application,
Which on MAC started under Roseta -- emulator.

If you want achieve best results, it is recommended switch to Director 11
and V4MD (UB) to be able produce modern Universal Binary applications for
MAC OS X, which will work without emulator and about 4 times faster.

I think this is quite important point to get good app for MAC.

If you decide follow this advice then future consideration of this crash
issue will not have sense.

What you think?

---
Next, from crashlog, I do not see that this is Valentina crash.

To isolate issue better, you need set Valentina.DebugLevel = 3
    and check created V4MD.log file.

Possible to send this log file (compressed) to me OFF-LIST.

But Director 11 is better way.