Upgrading from Valentina 2 to Valentina 4

Paul Lefebvre rblists at logicalvue.com
Mon Mar 2 14:07:47 CST 2009

Hello all,

I'm upgrading a client's REALbasic application from Valentina 2 to
Valentina 4.  I'm a bit of a Valentina newbie and I've run into one
snag that I cannot figure out yet:

The code makes use of VCursor.OjbectPtrField() is quite a few places,
which is giving me the message "This method or property does not
exist."  The autocomplete for REALbasic does not offer it as a
suggestion, so I'm included to agree.  The code looks like this:

Dim i As Integer
i = myCursor.ObjectPtrField("FieldName").Value()

There's very little mention of it in the wiki.  Should it be available
in Valentina 4?  If not, what should I use instead?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Paul Lefebvre
LogicalVue Software, Inc.