AW: valentina warnings file....

Peter Malecki pemalecki at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 30 07:52:53 CDT 2009

Hi Ruslan,

here is the same behavior. Revolution Mac and Win XP. First I thought it
would have it's origin building an index using a method UPPER(myfield), the
message appears only with one specific field and repeats when creating a new
db. Warning messages come into effect during development and deployment Mac
and Win XP.

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 11:00 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin <
ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com> wrote:

> On 6/29/09 3:21 PM, "Tiemo Hollmann TB" <toolbook at kestner.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Tiemo,
>
> > What I would be interested in is, why the REINDEX DATABASE produced the
> > warning log?
>
> > Are there certain commands, which always produce a warning log, or did I
> > coded anything wrong with the REINDEX DATABASE?
>
> You did all right
>
> > Should I care about warning logs and is there a straight forward way to
> not
> > produce the warning log, without suppressing it or is this the straight
> > forward way?
>
> We have decide that during development warning files can be helful
> To developer find any hidden problems
> As bugs so performance issues
>
> I self have ad REINDEX into warns few years ago
> When we have see troublems that some bug in index could cause too often and
> corruption of index and self-protection did start reindex..
> This fact was not visible and cause slow down.
> So I have decide add WARN on this.
>

> FOR DEPLOYMENT of your RELEASE app
> You MUST suppress warns adding this line ...
>

> --
> Best regards,
>
> Ruslan Zasukhin
> VP Engineering and New Technology