build trouble

Danny Lewkin daniel.lewkin at cognosis.be
Tue Jun 16 04:53:14 CDT 2009

On 16 Jun 2009, at 11:34, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 6/16/09 12:20 PM, "Danny Lewkin" <daniel.lewkin at cognosis.be> wrote:
>
> Hi Danny,
>
> working with which build version ?

4.2rc1

>> I have build a windows RB version of an app on my mac, put contents
>> of
>> vcomponents in dir of .exe file, and guess what, the application runs
>> on windows.... except... :-)
>
> You have install V4RB WIN?
> On some emulator on MAC ?

I have build app with V4RB for mac version 4.2rc1, and then copied
everything on a VM windows XP. Then I downloaded v4RB for win on the
VM, installed it, en copied the contents of vcomponents to the dir
where .exe file was in (still on VM windows XP).
Then I DE-installed V4RB for windows, because I want to run this app
without having the user install v4RB.
After restart, I tried my app, and got that error...
There is 1 special thing about the app, I need to connect to 2
servers, but again, on mac this works fine...

>> Each time i try to connect to a server, I get the errormessage:
>>
>> The connection could not be established because:
>> Valentina is already initialized.
>
> Strange error.

>> On Mac, this app runs fine without any problems.
>> Any idea what's going on here?
>
> Sounds similar to our new error in 4.2 betas
>    when you try do Valentina.Init() second time.

Aha, only on windows??

>> Do I need to build the application with a windows version of RB?
>
> I think no such need.

Ok