VBinaryLink delete bug

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Mon Jun 15 01:30:35 CDT 2009

On 6/15/09 4:41 AM, "Ernesto Giannotta" <ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it>
wrote:

Hi Erne,

> I have a many to many Binary link set like this:
>
>    //  make the link
>    mCatNotesLink = new VBinaryLink("Link_Categories_Notes",
> mCategories, mNotes, EVLinkType.kMany, EVLinkType.kMany,
> EVOnDelete.kSetNull)
>
> Now when I delete the last record in the mCategories table (which is
> the owner of the link) like this:

Owner?

* For M:M link, Owner have no sense usually.

* Yes, we still have provide ability specify Owner for M:M and 1:1 links.
But above I do not see that you have specify Owner in code

>    dim SqlString as String
>
>    SqlString = "Delete From " + me.Name
>    SqlString = SqlString + " Where Recid = " + Str(inRecid)
>
>    Call me.Database.SqlExecute(SqlString)

Better show FINAL SQL command.
>From this RB code it is not clear what exactly command you get,
Although I guess which

    DELETE FROM Categories WHERE RecID = XXXX

> also all the linked records of the mNotes table are deleted!
>
> This happens only if I delete the last record of the owner table
>
> Workaround is to unlink all records before deleting the last owner's
> record
>
> I'll try to make a simple demo to submit via Mantis.

Yes, please Mantis it