What's wrong with this query?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jun 8 10:50:50 CDT 2009

Hi Jon,

> The following REGEX search isn't working, although the text *is*
> present in a textfield.
>

> SELECT id,uniqueID from thetable WHERE url REGEX
> 'http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&dopt=Cit
> ation&list_uids=1406972'
>

> I've run this through Valentina.escape, but that doesn't do anything
> (no blackslashes in the query).
>
> Can someone tell me what's wrong with the query?

Hmm,

I remember that year ago or more
We have remove from Valentina Escape any regex escaping...

Why we did this ...
Aha, because it is a string literal, between ''
So parser self can extract it as monolithic thing

So you say that

    Url = 'xxxxx'

Will find this record ?

May be we still need escape DOTs and ?  Inside of literal..
Jon, please try manually escape them.