Database corrupt, bug in VarCharField with utf8?

william humphrey bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Mon Jun 8 06:50:53 CDT 2009

I'm curious. Since I know nothing about UTF encoding and would rather not
study it and I believe there may be other users out there who have a similar
mental challange... Why can't Valentina default to an encoding method that
works. Perhaps UTF16? And since UTF-8 does not work why is that option
allowed? Or at least why isn't there an error message that comes up if you
choose UTF-8 encoding that says something like "Don't use this unless you
are willing to put up with some errors?"
Bill

I'm asking this because I don't even know how to check how my database is
encoded but I hope it is UTF-16