Runtime, database connection

Peter Malecki pemalecki at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 7 12:55:05 CDT 2009

Hi Ruslan!
For the moment I am satisfied with Revolution and Valentina. I get a
very agreeable user environment and an unbelievable search
performance. But there was always the problem with umlauts.
Fortunately I found a workaround. The described problem is still
existing (Mac only). By the way I was working from the beginning in
the way you recommended last week (only UTF-16 and so on). I think it
is a Mac, Revolution, Valentina issue and I don't know yet in which
order. Later more...

Now, I hope, my last question :-) Building a runtime version the ready
Revolution program does not find the database connection.

   get Valentina_Init( 50 * 1024 * 1024, "", "", "" )
   put VDatabase_Constructor() into mDatabase
   get the effective filename of this stack
   set the itemDel to slash
   put the (item 1 to -2 of it) & slash & "xxx.vdb" into dbPath
   get VDatabase_Open( mDatabase, dbPath )

mDatabase and dbpath are OK. The same works well in development environment.

I tried the description on your web site, it doesn't work. On Mac e.g.
the vComponents folder was copied correctly, but there was no database
extension within the package. Is there a file with a detailed
instruction how I have to place which file in which folder? Or must I
implement the serial key in another way?
Thank you for help!

--
Best Regards
Peter Malecki