Database corrupt, bug in VarCharField with utf8?

Thomas Flemming tf at ttqv.com
Sun Jun 7 04:27:35 CDT 2009

Hi Ruslan,

I found the problem.

The problem was always in one specific text-field.

Its a VarCharField and I'm using the database with UTF-8.
This somehow doesn't work together.

In .Net Strings are always UTF16, so when I fill a VarCharField with:
.Field("name").SetString(name)
it results in this problems.

When I change to StorageEncoding = "UTF-16", it works with VarCharField.

Or I leave the database in StorageEncoding = "UTF-8", which I prefer, because
it saves lots of diskspace, then I can't use the VarCharField.
With a StringField it also works in UTF8.

Regards,
Tom

--
**   Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Flemming