AGAIN about Warning Mode

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan at paradigmasoft.com
Fri Jul 17 09:09:44 CDT 2009

Hi All,

* yes working yet with 4.2 you will be able yet to see warnings if they are
produced by db.open().

Problem that have found Christian is that 4.2 is not able issue SQL command
before at least one Valentina db is opened. This is already fixed. Week ago
or so, and will be shipped in 4.3 (and its betas).

After this I hope all problems with warnings will be closed..

* Lets talk about IF warning mode should be ON on default ?

    WE THINK that better to have it ON,
    and this will throw to eyes of developer possible problems ...

    In the past we have see that developer meet odd things and say
    Hmm, no errors, nothing reported.

    With warnings, we DO report something for some ODD things,
    which still are not errors...but can be sign of something ODD.
    you see?

This is why we think that Warnings should be ON on default in engine, and
for DEPLOYMENT developer can easy disable them ...