VPicture field and Class Way

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Thu Jul 16 02:07:34 CDT 2009

On Thursday, July 16, 2009 ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com (Ivan Smahin) wrote:

>Thursday, July 16, 2009, 7:33:49 AM, you wrote:
>
>> I am able to run the two different Field_Picture examples to update
>> a database with VPicture field.  When I try the same techniques in
>> my app, I get empty fields when adding pictures.
>
>> I notice there is no example for using VPicture in the Class Way
>> set of examples.  Is it possible that VPicture does not work when
>> opening the database with the Class Way?  That is the only
>> difference I can see between my app and the examples.
>
>"Class Way"  is  just  a way to map some objects like tables,
>fields  and  so created before database open.
>Check  Warning  log  please  -  probably  that vPicture object is not
>mapped...

That's what I thought regarding class way, but after banging my head against the wall all day, I couldn't help wondering...

There is no warning log and I have that property set to true.

Here is a snippet from the debug log:

Database_SqlSelect_1...
    PARAM: instance = 550985152
    PARAM: inQuery = "SELECT pCoverPic  FROM Images WHERE nId = 16"
    PARAM: inCursorLocation = 2
    PARAM: inCursorType = 3
    PARAM: inDirection = 1
return object = 560355056

Cursor_GetRecordCount...
    PARAM: inCursor = 560355056
return res = 1

Cursor_GetFieldByName...
    PARAM: inCursor = 560355056
    PARAM: inName = "pCoverPic"
return object = 551351024

Picture_WriteAs...
    PARAM: inPicture = 560269840
    PARAM: inQuality = 50
return

Cursor_UpdateRecord...
    PARAM: inCursor = 560355056
return

Database_Flush...
    PARAM: inDatabase = 550985152
return

It doesn't look like anything is going wrong, but when I open the DB using VStudio, the field is listed as <empty>.

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/