[price VServer]

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Tue Jul 7 11:03:41 CDT 2009

> Hi Christian,
>
> > I buy a valentina Office server (250 connections), is what
> my client
> > has to pay something each year thereafter?
>
> No,
>
> only if your user will want upgrade to a newer version of
> vserver, after a year of free upgrades gone.

Just to clarify how it works -

Valentina Office Server is a standalone product. It is different from
Embedded Server in a number of ways:

1. It comes with several more features built in, such as Bonjour and SSL.
These features are also available via VDN but not in the lowest VDN Platform
Edition.

2. 12 months of updates. This has a standard 12 months of updates as a part
of the price.

3. Support can be handled by Paradigma. Embedded Server support is handled
by the VDN developer only. But your customer can also come to us for support
for Valentina Office Server.

Valentina Office Server gives developers more options for supporting their
customers. You can achieve the same feature set with VDN if you want, but we
don't want to make VDN customers pay more than they have to support their
customers.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President