SqlSelect doesnt wanna work

Vansh Singh vsingh at us.counterp.com
Fri Jan 30 16:03:35 CST 2009

Sorry, I don't understand all your questions, am new to Valentina. I am
running Director MX 2004 and the OS I have here is Win XP. The V4md.x32
xtra file has a datestamp of 11/3/2008

Reading the pdf doc for V4MD_reference, I turned on the Debuglevel, but
there is no V4MD_Logn.txt generated.

_global.update_db=the moviepath&"database_update\"
_global.gDatabase.Open(_global.update_db&"music_source.vdb" )
_global.gDatabase_target.Open(_global.thedrive & "db\music_source.vdb" )
target_db_path=_global.thedrive & "db\"

reindex_result = _global.gDatabase_target.SqlExecute( "REINDEX DATABASE"
)

if reindex_result <> 0 then
  --re-index has been unsuccessful, quit the program
  Alert("Re-indexing failed, the program will now quit.")
  quit
else
  Alert("hey 123")
end if

_global.Valentina.debugLevel = #kLogNothing

sqlstring = "SELECT ID FROM ATTR where sys_id=2015"

sql_result = _global.gDatabase_target.SqlSelect(sqlstring)
Alert(_global.Valentina.lastError)

I get an alert box for 'hey 123' and then it goes quiet.

Vansh