Database in RAM only?

Brendan Murphy bmurphy at truenorthsoftware.com
Fri Jan 30 11:44:30 CST 2009

I want to create a database in memory only and I am having
problems.

I do something like...

db = new RequirementsDatabase(EVStorageType.kRAM)

Within the RequirementsDatabase class I call the VDatabase
constructor passing on the storage type and then I create the
tables. For example...

daTable = new DocumentAttributes

The problem I run into is when I try to add a record with the
AddRecord method, it hard crashes. The only way to make it operate
is to associate a file with it by using the "create" method on the
database and I have to associate it with a temporary file.

Am I misunderstanding this? Should I not be able to create
database that only exists in memory and not have to associate it
with file in order to get it to work?

REALbasic: 2008R5.1
Valentina: 4.0rc1
Mac OS X: 10.5.6