v4RB / vServer Bonjour config?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jan 29 00:01:50 CST 2009

On 1/28/09 10:05 PM, "Robert Nichols" <robert at formwork-architecture.com>
wrote:

Hi Robert,

> I've been looking at the Bonjour page on the paradigma documentation
> site. The server side makes sense to me, but the instructions given
> for the client side does not. Ruslan's page says call the following
> from the client to find Bounjour services of a specific type:
>
> services = LocateBonjourService( "_valentina._tcp" )
> What class gets the LocateBonjourServices call? v4RB hasn't  created
> that function for the general RB environment. vDB doesn't seem to have
> that function. (DOH! Just occurred to me - maybe my v4RB is too old
> for that feature. Mine v4RB plugin is dated 2/9/08. Incidentially, do
> other people have trouble keeping track of v4RB versions?).

This looks to be GLOBAL method,
All global methods are in the scope of class Valentina

    LocateBonjourService( inType as string, inDomain as string ) as
VStringArray

So in RB you need

  servers = Valentina. LocateBonjourService( "_valentina._tcp" )

And it seems exists example of this in the Examples/Server folder.

> Also, the docs say "LocateBonjourServices"  returns a string array.

> I'm not aware that RB can handle a string array return (though I'm
> also a bit behind on RB releases too). Is anyone else successfully
> locating vServer via Bonjour in a v4RB client environment?

We have implement own VStringArray - simple class