Recursiv/hierarchical query?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jan 22 01:18:51 CST 2009

On 1/22/09 1:49 AM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at cognosis.be> wrote:

Hi Bart,
Hi Thorsten,

1) not agree that DB should not walk by tree :)
    * actually Oracle, MS have own syntaxes to do this.
    * SQL 2003 also have solution for this task, although it seems ugly
        it needs write SQL query on 100 lines to get it as I have see,

2) Its issue of Relational model - it works with tables.

3) Valentina built as Object-Relational, so not moral issues to add trees
:-)

I suggest we all together think about this task.
I have show already how will looks 3 new API function.
Now we need invent nice SQL for these tasks.

Of course we need again look around on other dbs, then select best things.