Setting Double Precision and Scale change database method results

Stan Busk maxprog at mac.com
Thu Jan 15 14:28:22 CST 2009

Hi,

After issuing the following SQL command:

myDB.SQLExecute( "ALTER TABLE myTable MODIFY myNumber double( 24, 2 )" )

in order to set double scale to 2 the following myDB method always
returns 0:

Function myTable.GetmyNumberValue( inRec As Integer ) As Double

   If RecordExists( inRec ) then
     RecID = inRec
     return myNumber.Value
   End If

End Function

I have checked whether inRec is valid and it is. If I close the
database and reopen it the problem disapears. As soon as I run again
the command to set the double scale the problem returns.

Ruslan you said that changing a double or a float Precision and Scale
parameters only affects string to/from conversion when using
VField.GetString(). Am I wrong? Why does it cause this effect?

Stan