Searching duplicate records with different unique ids

Fabian Eschrich info at faesch.de
Thu Jan 15 04:25:50 CST 2009

Hi,

I am thinking how to easily find duplicate records in a table (but different ids).
We have an accounting table where payments of invoices are saved and an employee inserted payments twice.

So now I have some duplicate records. Unique id is different for all records, but a column 'referenceid' is the same for duplicate records.

Has somebody an idea how to do this?

I thought about something with using DISTINCT

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / kindly regards,

Fabian Eschrich
FAESCH Software

info at faesch.de

Fon:     +49 (0)37206 889293