Opening time after startup of Windows

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jan 9 13:16:49 CST 2009

On 1/4/09 6:10 PM, "Leo Van den Brande" <leo_van_den_brande at wxs.nl> wrote:

Hi Leo,

Well, sorry for delay.
At last of end I have try open your db on my PC
    HP CoreDuo2 2Gb RAM. Regular HDD, 7200RPM

First open      - about 8-9 second
Second open     - about 2-3 second.

TIP: I have remember this TIP -- it is enough to RENAME db file, to see
    this "AFTER RESTART" effect.

    Easy to understand why -- when we rename file, Windows
    remove all its cached pages from virtual cache and load again.

NEXT: I have above time as with 30MB so with 300MB cache.
        absolutely no difference in cache size for me.
        Hmm?

So it looks like for me I have quite good time of open. Not 47 seconds.

Can I ask you to test your db openning with Vstudio of version 4.0b15?
        http://www.valentina-db.com/download/beta/4.0b15

May be issues was fixed in 4.0