Creating a Trigger

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Mon Jan 5 11:28:52 CST 2009

Hi Ruslan and Ivan,

thanks for the information. I will need to think how Stored
Procedures can fit into my solution - or your solution since I'm
using a binding-free V4RB toolkit. This, by the way, works nicely.

On 04.01.2009, at 20:21, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> * you know REALbasic and write code on it to do some logic.
>         loops, ifs, exceptions
>
> * exists other languages around todo the same.
>
> * some DBMS and Valentina also support Stored Procedures.
>     they can be on some SQL dialect.
>     or they can be e.g. JavaScript.
>
> Today Valentina offer SQL for Stored Procedures.
> Yes you can use ifs, loops and exceptions to write code which is
> ANALOG to
> your RB code, but it will live not in RB project but inside of db.
>
> Of course this code cannot replace and should not replace the whole
> RB app.
> Only db-related code or its PART can be placed into SPs.
>

> * Another great benefit of SPs is that if today you develop with
> RB, and
> move 40% of your logic into SPs instead of RB, then TOMRROW you can
> start
> use Obj-C or PHP around this db, and WOW, 40% of logic already is
> INSIDE of
> db itself.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.