VReport general idea

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Feb 26 05:34:38 CST 2009

On 2/26/09 1:25 PM, "Fabian Eschrich" <info at faesch.de> wrote:

Hi Fabian,

> I want to build some new reports and I want to try vreports for this.
>
> But I have no idea how to start for a task like this:
>
> I want an table with statistical sums of our sales per month.
> It should look like this:
>

>           Jan    Feb    Mar
> Invoices  10     11     12
> Amount    1200   1300   1400
>
> Product A 1      1      1
> Product B 2      2      3
>

> The data is stored in 2 tables. One table holds records for all invoices, the
> other table holds all invoice items (each position on the invoices).
>
> I dont know if this can be done by a query.

1) have you read in WIKI VS PRO tutorial ?
    you know that you need db
    data sources
    may be named query?

2) I need ask Igor about such report.

You can try Report Wizard to play with
    I have see that reports have SUM, and GROUPs.

3) Who control in this report the number of columns?
    Jan, Feb, Mar ?

As I understand in GENERAL Case can be many months, right ?

4) do you know how such report can be produced in FileMaker or MS Access ?