Opening time after startup of Windows

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Feb 24 01:27:09 CST 2009

On 2/23/09 7:06 PM, "Leo Van den Brande" <leo_van_den_brande at wxs.nl> wrote:

Hi Leo,

>>> *** You point that Vstudio is v4.
>>>   Your apps also on v4, yes?
>>
>> No, for my apps I have used version Valentina 3.5.2. I had not changed
>> for consistency of results, but I will upgrade now and run some tests
>> again.
>

> Opening time with v4 was reduced to half: from 98 to 45 seconds.
>
> Next, I have constructed a separate DB for the students version,
> residing on DVD.. This reduces the number of tables to half. With this
> DB, opening time on PC was further reduced from 45 to 28 sec.
> In addition, most of the remaining time was accounted for by opening
> from DVD. If opened form HD, it was 5 seconds only.
> The authors will have the full DB, in future on a server.
>
> I think I should settle with this result. I could still check if the
> student has enough room on the HD for the database and, if so and he
> wants that for speed, put it there.
>
> Thanks so much for the great support!

Very good,

But of course we must continue improve things in this area.
Please keep us bombing by requests on this.

For your project I see 2 tasks yet

1) Defragment

2) just only I have got one more idea
        Each Table have HEADER which keep records number.

   it seems this headers also are walked on open. Each.
   this should be avoided.