AW: How to prevent a db to beeing virtualized

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Feb 16 05:18:02 CST 2009

Hi Ruslan,
yes thats the standard functionality of Vista for legacy files in C:\program
files\ (where I actually don't know, what Vista recognises as "legacy files"
If any file in the program dir is being changed /updated, Vista puts a copy
into: Users\<user>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\<myFolder>.
Now, what I didn't knew, Vista is doing the same with all legacy files in
C:\ProgramData (what was on XP: "C:\documents...\All Users\...) - where I
have my db in a subDir
When being logged on as a different user, Vista puts a copy into:
Users\<user>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramData\<myFolder>
In the Rev thread somebody said, in the case of SQLite, this only can be
prevented by Revolution making changes to SQLite - don't know what
exactly...
Brave new world!
Tiemo