Why does a standard user needs full access to the db when read only?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Sun Feb 15 09:46:42 CST 2009

Hello,

In my late betaphase V4Rev I encountered that a standard user can't open my
db.

I have write protected the db, so that it isn't virtualised on Vista. I have
setup my app with the db in a subdir of program files.

The user with admin rights can access the db without problems. But switching
to a standard user, he can't open the db, though I read only, no writing to
the db.

I changed the permissions of the db file to full access for standard users,
and now he can access the db too. (Perhaps write permission would have been
enough, but I tested with full grant)

Is this a normal behaviour? Can I change anything in my app, or is really
the only chance to change the permissions of the db file?

Thanks for any help

Tiemo