Reindexing corrupts my database

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Fri Feb 6 11:27:09 CST 2009

On Friday, February 6, 2009 sunshine at public.kherson.ua (Ruslan Zasukhin) wrote:

>On 2/6/09 3:49 PM, "Steve Albin" <steve at steve-albin.com> wrote:
>
>Hi Steve,
>
>> The money is the least of the problem.   I now have to change my app to handle
>> the new version and also regression test to find the bugs introduced in
>> version 4.  If I were getting a new feature, I'd be happy to do it.  But to
>> make reindexing work?  Woo-hoo!
>
>Agree with your words. As I see this is very rare bug.
>I even still cannot remember what was fixed here.

I remember a bug I reported back in September that may be related:
    <http://www.valentina-db.com/bt/view.php?id=3419>

>Also you still get bonus - v4.0 gives new features.
>You may start use them sooner or later.

Of course you are right.  If I were a commercial developer, I would be renewing my license every year.  Valentina is a great product.  But, for my purposes as a hobbyist, I only need a tack hammer, not a sledge hammer.  Valentina has grown by leaps and bounds, but I haven't.  :-)  It is not so much the money, but the effort of upgrading when I don't have use for the features.

I think I've wasted enough time complaining.  Upgrading seems the best solution and I will have to get over it.

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/