Update using fields from another table

Thorsten Hohage thohage at genericobjects.de
Fri Feb 6 01:01:00 CST 2009

Hi aj,

On 2009-02-06, at 06:38, aj wrote:

> I'm new to Valentina, I'm wondering is there a way to update one
> table with values from another table, this seemed to be pretty
> standard in sql and sqlite. The following code doesn't seem to work.
>
> Update T1 Set Field2 = (Select T2.Field2 From T2 WHERE T2.Field1 =
> T1.Field1 ) * 100

What version of Valentina are you using?

Because in the current V4 (just have done the step from beta to rc)
this statement is NOW possible

	update insertJoin1 set newID =
		(select insertJoin2.toInsertId from insertJoin2 where
insertJoin1.toLinkId = insertJoin2.linkedId)

regards,

Thorsten Hohage
--

Valentina Technology Evangelist
generic objects  GmbH - Leiter Solution Center Nord