[V4REV] [FAQ] Deployment of apps, prepare WIN on MAC

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Tue Dec 29 08:17:34 CST 2009

On 12/29/09 12:46 AM, "Warren Samples" <warren at warrensweb.us> wrote:

Hi Warren,
Hi All,

We need add this to FAQs I think.

> Ruslan Zasukhin wrote on Mon, 28 Dec 2009 23:56:39 +0200:
>
> Dear Ruslan,
>
> Please forgive my density, but this still leaves questions in my mind.
> When building the Valentina Examples as a Windows standalone using Mac
> OS X as the development platform, there is a warning that the necessary
> driver was not found. There is no external for Windows in the externals
> directory.

Aha, you try build WIN app on OS X
I see now

> Is this the cause of the error? Is it not necessary?

This is feature ...

> Are the
> vcompents I am to install in the directory next to the Windows
> application (as per the link you sent) the same files found in /usr/
> local/lib/vcomponents on my Macintosh?

Of course no.

> These components function in both
> OS X and Windows, and make it unnecessary for the Windows version to
> contain the valentina db driver external?

Please take these points:

1) Currently all Valentina ADKs expect that you will develop MAC APPs on
MAC, and WIN APPs on WIN.

    So you will download and install MAC archive to your MAC,
    And WIN archive of your ADK to your WIN.

WHY? Because of size of archives ...

2) On Windows computer it is NOT possible build correct MAC app.

3) On MAC computer IT IS possible build correct WIN app.

    For this you need download WIN archive (EXE), and run it on some WIN.
    then COPY installed win vcomponents and external/plugins to your MAC.

    Now, when you have WIN DLLs, you can follow to the same instructions.

For Revolution, in particular, you may be need yet copy EXTERNAL V4REV.dll
from WIN into WIN folder of externals of your Revolution.