Cursor.FindSingleValue

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Tue Dec 29 05:26:05 CST 2009

Hello Thomas,

> Hi Ivan,

 >> But probably FindIndex() is not implemented for VNET.

> No, its not.
> I think, I'm using the wrong language.... :-(

Just  not  all  the  features  are  implemented  in  ADKs. This one is
just considered as not important feature.

> But anyway, iterating through the arrayset works at a reasonable speed.
It means you find a solution.

> Its funny, but mCur.ToArraySet is almost in zero-time.
Not surprising me because it is Valentina :)
> Only the loop takes time.

> Private arrayset As VArraySet = cursor.ToArraySet
> For i As Integer = 1 To arrayset.Count
>      If arrayset.ItemAt(i) = recid Then
>          CursorPosition = i
>          Exit For
>      End If
> Next

 >> The only pitfall is an additional memory for that arrayset.
> How much for 1 mio records?

Rougly speeking ~ 10^6 x sizeof(uint32) = 4 MB

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database