deploying stand alone application for mac

Gerhard Meier gerrri at gmx.de
Tue Dec 22 15:45:20 CST 2009

Hallo Ruslan,

for making a hybrid CD with Titanium Toast there are the following steps to do:
1. creating a Temporary Partition of the size the mac parition on CD should have

2. copying all files necessary for the mac-part of the CD into this temporary partition

3. (not important for this problem here, because win-part works): preparing the win-partition of the CD

4. burn these two prepared partitions (mac and win) onto the CD

So, in step 2 I copy the WORKING (access to the database) files for mac into the temporary partition;
working means: copied into a folder on another mac-computer with no vcomponents installed (I also tried it on a computer with vcomponents and renaming the /usr/local/lib/vcomponents folder) the app has access to the database)
But with same files now in the temporary partition, the app has no access to the database. And NO: not only in that temp. partition but also not on the CD on which I burn that temp. partition. Otherwise it wouldn't be such a problem.

I also tried already making the database files readonly before copying them into that temp. parition.

I just don't know whats wrong here. Especially that the very first time it worked.
It's really annoying being so close to finish that project and just the last step doesn't work because of such a strange behavior.

Would be the best christmaspresent if this will work.

Thanks a lot
Gerri

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

http://homepages.uni-regensburg.de/~meg08124/