calculating with time

Gerri gerrri at gmx.de
Fri Dec 18 12:46:48 CST 2009

Hallo,

I'm using Valentina ADK for Director.

One problem (I don't wanna speak about all my problems) is:

I created a table with several fields of datatype varChar, which content
actually time-values of the format

01:30:25

The problem is: I can't calculate the difference of two of such time-values,
because there is no lingo-function to convert that varChar or string to a
time-value, even not to convert it to a number. Also I can't read the single
values of that 'time'-string.

Is it somehow possible to manage this.

I already tried the datatype TIME when creating the table. But when I want
to get the difference I get the same wrong value (a negative integer) (also
the TIME datatype returns a value with milliseconds, which I don't need)

Maybe this is very easy to solve?

Thanks a lot

Gerri