Database open still slow?

Thomas Flemming tf at ttqv.com
Wed Dec 9 06:53:07 CST 2009

Hi Ruslan,

in the menatime this has come up again for me, because now I'm working with
rw-databases as well.
So the workaround in setiing the RO-flag on the file does not work anymore.

Is there maybe a fix already for this slow-opening/closing?
Even on small vds (+/- 10mb) it takes sometimes 30sec just to open...
(vnet, windows xp)

 >>> You are writing into the files, even the timestamp is modified.
 >> Well, at least we write one flag that db file is open now..
 >> If I remember right.
Maybe you should write this flag in a seperate file.

Best regards,
Tom

--
**   Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Flemming