Excluding System Tables

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sun Dec 6 09:28:16 CST 2009

I'm trying to get a bit of information about a database with the
following code:

   dim DatabaseInfo as String
   for currentTable as Integer = 0 to theDatabase.TableCount
     DatabaseInfo = DatabaseInfo + EndOfLine + "Table: " +
theDatabase.Table(currentTable).Name + " " +
str(theDatabase.Table(currentTable).RecordCount)
   next

But this also returns the system tables. In 2007 Ruslan wrote:

> Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 15:59:47 +0200
> From: Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine at public.kherson.ua>
> Subject: Re: Tableschema
> To: "valentina at lists.macserve.net" <valentina at lists.macserve.net>
>
> On 5/11/07 3:02 PM, "Mr. Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Problem is that this code also seems to find sys tables (it found
>> sysItems).
>>
>> So what is the way to read the schema of a DB (prefer classway) from
>> within RB ?
>
> 1) API way
>
>    count = db.TableCount
>    loop
>       tbl = db.Table(i)
>
> Yes we return sys tables also, you need add own filter to check flag
> of
> Vtable.IsSytem.

However, I can't find anything about this flag. Is the feature missing
from V4RB?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.