Import data - problems

Thorsten Hohage thohage at genericobjects.de
Tue Aug 25 13:46:44 CDT 2009

Hi Erne - buona sera,

On 2009-08-25, at 19:50, Erne wrote:
> While we're at this Ruslan, may I ask why the defaults for
> VCursor.import are "," as delimiter and UTF-16 as encoding?
> (I'd expect tab and UTF-8, but maybe it's just me... :-)

While talking about importing data I didn't except anything, except a
big piece of cr...

The best story ever - of course so far(!) - a big, big german
publishing company. We spend weeks on talking about the validation
scheme of the XML data they want to deliver and except to get back ...

1. I found so many issues in their initial definitions, that the was
not able to implement, due to to many contrary requirements

2. re-design, re-design, ...

3. after all we did the first try and they delivered a perfect well-
formated, validated XML file ... with WIN-1281 encoding :-0

any questions :-)))

regards,

Thorsten Hohage
--

Valentina Technology Evangelist
generic objects  GmbH - Leiter Solution Center Nord