GetTable function

Vansh Singh vsingh at us.counterp.com
Fri Aug 21 16:56:06 CDT 2009

OK. I put new code in. Now, I have:

  track_index_tbl = _global.gDatabase.Table("MS_TRACK_INDEX")

  search_index_colmn = track_index_tbl.Field("SEARCH_INDEX")

  search_index_colmn.indexByWords = TRUE

This syntax looks right per the API pdf file. Now I don't get any errors
but it doesn't set the IndexByWords to TRUE either. I run the
application, then close it and check the database in VStudio and it
still shows the box unchecked for MS_TRACK_INDEX.SEARCH_INDEX

What gives?

On the brighter side, I found an easier way to figure out if the
IndexByWords is set to TRUE or not. This works fine:

"GET PROPERTY IndexByWords of Field MS_TRACK_INDEX.SEARCH_INDEX ;"

This returns a 0 or a 1. Good!

I wish there were something like this for setting the property as well.
Is there?

Vansh