Diagnose problem

Richard McCoy mcrmedia1 at insightbb.com
Fri Aug 7 15:01:43 CDT 2009

Okay, I've gone into Valentina Studio 4 and used the query:

select * from Kwrd_List where KwrdName = 'Concert'

and get no results. But the word "Concert" is record 2148 and is clearly visible in the table. Using the following query I can get all words beginning with "C", including "Concert":

select KwrdName from Kwrd_List where substring (upper(KwrdName) from 1 for 1 = 'C'

I can add the word "Concert" to the table as record 2187. Now I have the word "Concert" in the table as record 2148 AND 2187, even though the field is set to Unique and should not allow redundancies.

Do I simply have a corrupt table? What gives? Reindexing does nothing. Any work arounds? I can't rebuild the table from scratch because other records are dependent on the table RecIDs. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks.