Geographical indexing

Thomas Flemming tf at ttqv.com
Mon Apr 27 16:16:47 CDT 2009

Hi Ruslan, Hi Ivan,

thanks for testing.

 > You think this is slow?
Dont worry, Valentina IS fast and I like it in the meantime very much!

I was just trying to find out whats the best for my very specific Select.
And still its too slow, but this is why these kind of things are better done
with a rtree. I think I will go for an external rtree which gives me the
RecIDs of the respective records.
This one looks promising:
http://trac.gispython.org/spatialindex/wiki

I also wanted to be sure, that there are no bugs in the net-wrapper.

I still have another case for the database with hundred-thousands of simple
selects like: "Select * from tbl where a=x"
I will try this with FindValue as soon as the memoryleak is fixed.

Again thanks for your support.

Regards,
Tom

Apart from this