[Quick ANN]: 4.1 is on site

Thomas Flemming tf at ttqv.com
Sat Apr 18 07:32:26 CDT 2009

Hi Ruslan,

 > Btw, you have point that work on some GEO system
 > And need a lots of speed

yes, I'm busy preparing the Navteq-Streepmaps for our GPS-Software TTQV and
trying to find out, if I can use Valentina to store the data.
One single record is actually a "street-segment". So a polyline with more or
less points and some additional data like name, color, categorie etc.

So the point is handling a huge amount of mapdata quickly.
Which means:
    get all "street-segments" quickly which are inside a specific area
this is first a Select-problem,
and second reading the records which are found quickly out of the fields.

There can be up to 100mio records involved and the access to the few 100 which
are currently visible in the mapdetail should be almost in realtime!

As soon as the vnet.dll is running I will do more test with the different
kinds of storing data (links, blobs, sql, api, ...) and then I might have some
more questions about the optimum database-structure for this.

 > I wonder then why you not choose C++ for this task?
Its historical. Since 10 years our GPS-Software is in VB, so now I'm at
VB.NET. Its just, what I'm used to.

Best regards and thanks for your assistance.
Tom

--
**   Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Flemming
**   mail  tf at ttqv.com