Mac Universal Binary upgrade issue

Vansh Singh vsingh at us.counterp.com
Tue Apr 14 18:00:41 CDT 2009

Ruslan,

I did see your new video, it is helpful. I got rid of the error related
to the fileio Xtra.

What was happening is that the Xtra was an older version, the one that
we used from MS 2004. Turns out that the Xtra needed for the Director
11.5 version (D11) has to be updated as well. So that fixed the error
about the missing Xtra. That is good.

But when I run the install_vcomponents_v4md_v4 script I am still getting
the errors that say something like "malformed object (unknown load
command 4)" and at this point, I am pretty sure that I am getting these
errors because I am compiling on the PC and then carrying the MyApp.app
over to the Mac. I think I need to compile on the Mac itself with D11.
(I do not have D11 on the Mac and it does not let you compile with just
a trial version, the publish features are disabled in trial versions)

So, I am now thinking that to make the install_vcomponents_v4md_v4
script work right without errors, I have to have the app file generated
on the mac.

Vansh