Valentin 4 and Revolution, newcomer

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan at paradigmasoft.com
Fri Apr 10 09:12:33 CDT 2009

On 4/10/09 4:28 PM, "Peter Malecki" <pemalecki at googlemail.com> wrote:

> [...]

Hi Peter,

> Hello Valentina list,
>
> Since two month I am working with Revolution and SQlite. Last week I
> got Valentina 4 for Mac, Win und Linux and the ADK for Mac.
> Intel-Mac OS 10.4, latest Version.
> Revolution Studio, 3.0 or 3.5
>
> I am starting the connection with
> on openCard
>   Global mDatabase, dbPath
>   get Valentina_Init( 10 * 1024 * 1024, "Mac Serial", "Win Serial",
> "Linux Serial" )
>   put VDatabase_Constructor() into mDatabase
>   get the effective filename of this stack
>   set the itemDel to slash
>   put the (item 1 to -2 of it) & slash & "dic_sql.vdb" into dbPath
>   get VDatabase_Open( mDatabase, dbPath )

So, database already exists on HDD...

> end openCard
>
> dbPath and mDatabase are OK.

ok

> Later then I am building the Query: put
> revDataFromQuery(,,mDatabase,tSQL) into tList.

Peter,

RevDataFromQuery -- this command of REV DB API. Right?

You should understand that REVOLUTION provides own small API to work with
dbs. SQlLite works in this way with REV.

But Valentina external actually have own set of commands,
AND Valentina is supporting REV DB API also.

-----
Main point is:
    To work with RevDB, you should from the same start use way of RevDB.
But you use
    >   put VDatabase_Constructor() into mDatabase

This is Valentina API way. And for Valentina way to make queries exists 3
commands:

    VDatabase_SqlSelect()
    VDatabase_SqlExecute()
    VDatabase_SqlQuery()

---
Another good news, Valentina for REV, provides bridges from one way to
another.