How can RecID etc. not use disk space? // New comment from ruslan

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Apr 1 13:41:06 CDT 2009

On 4/1/09 9:21 PM, "Simon White" <simonwhite at dciphercomputing.com> wrote:

Hi Simon,

Almost true, but not exactly.

If you have say 10 records,
Then delete 6 7 8 9 records, then you have

    Vtable.Records is 6
    Vtable.PhysicalRecords is 10   -- right

But if you delete now 10 record, you will get table with 5 records only.
Size will be reduced.

    Vtable.Records is 5
    Vtable.PhysicalRecords is 5

Also if you have holes in table and ADD new record, then it will go into
free space, i.e. Into 6th record for above example.