Deployment for Mac

Markus Fraefel markus.fraefel at futurestudios.ch
Tue Sep 30 09:15:25 CDT 2008

Hi,

My Director 11 application using Valentina database is coming to an end. The
application is hybrid (Windows and Mac) and I am therefore using "Valentina
for Director Professional". Now I am facing a problem with the Mac
projector, which doesn't recognise the Valentina Xtra.

I checked the following points:

- In the Valentina.Init()-function I am initialising Windows and Mac serial
number.
- According to the document "V4MD_Reference_3_en.pdf", chapter "Deployment
of your application" I copied the content of the VComponents folder (Win and
Mac) + "msvcp71.dll" + "msvcr71.dll" into a folder together with the
complete application (projectors, Xtras and stuff).

Unfortunately as Mac doesn't recognise Valentina, it doesn't write any error
log files.

The application should run on OSX 10.4 and higher. I tested it on OSX
10.5.3.

I thank you in advance for your help.

Markus

FUTURE STUDIOS AG