[V4MD] Equivalent of V12's WordStarts operator?

Irv Kalb Irv at furrypants.com
Fri Sep 26 11:09:29 CDT 2008

Hi,

Here's my question for the day ...

I'm translating code from a V12 driven application to Valentina.  In
implementing a big glossary search, I used V12's 'WordStarts'
operator in a SELECT statement.  I'm looking to see if there is
anything that is equivalent in the Valentina world.  Here's the
definition of WordStarts from the V12 documentation:

----------------------------------
The "wordStarts" operator can be used only with fields of type string
(including
custom string types) with defined full-indexes.  It locates records
that contain words
that fully or partially match the value specified to mSetCriteria.
Example:
mSetCriteria(gTable, "description", "wordStarts", "ham")
sets records for selection containing descriptions such as "Gigantic
hamburger with
fries" and "The greatest hammer in the world". It does not find
records containing
descriptions such as "Champion" or "Gotham City" because the words in these
records don't start with the sub-string "ham".
Since "wordStarts" operates on full-indexes, searching is performed
very quickly.

I see that there is a 'findStartsWith', but it looks like that refers
to just the beginning of the field.  Is there any operator that will
look through the entire contents of a field, looking for a match on
the beginnings of ANY word in the field?

Thanks again,

Irv
--

Multimedia R Us