XML into VSERVER.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Sep 26 05:23:39 CDT 2008

On 9/26/08 11:48 AM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at cognosis.be> wrote:

Hi Bart,

> Now about receiving xml.

> Couldn't we for starters since we have local temporary tables now
> consider an incoming xml as 1 connection and parse the info over a
> number of local temp tables and then have the proper stored procedures
> in place to insert or  update the information in the permanent tables?
> This would give us the opportunity to validate the data.

I think you can do this task now self and easy.
    exists syntax  SELECT ... INTO ...   For this

---------------------
Problem is in PARSING and splitting of XML file.

Look. If you self know structure of your XML and you SELF know how you want
parse it and split into related tables/records -- no problems -- its your
code.

But when I talk about ENGINE,
    then we need mechanism when engine get as input
        some XML file + description map which say
        what tags put into which columns.

And then engine by own MECHANISM do this job.

As result, you need just provide
    a) XML
    b) map of XML to db, using DTD or some other way.

No need to program at all.
All you need is prepare 2 text files.