[V4MD] getRecordAsPropList not found??

Irv Kalb Irv at furrypants.com
Fri Sep 19 11:36:50 CDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to access a table in my database and get back the entire
contents as a list of property lists.  The code I am using is:

   cursor = poDB.SqlQuery("SELECT * FROM ModuleNames")
   pllModuleNames = cursor.getRecordsAsPropList(1, -1)

poDB is a valid reference to an open database, and 'ModuleNames' is
the name of a table.  If I print out value of cursor, it has all the
information I need in the #columns and #rows entries just as I would
expect it - looks perfect.

  I was just assuming/hoping that getRecordsAsPropList would do a
conversion for me so that it would make a list of property lists.
But instead, I get an error message saying:

   Script error:  Handler not found in object

   pllModuleNames = crsor.getRecordsAsPropList(1, -1)

   #getRecordsAsPropList

(I also tried using no parameters, but got the same result)

Huh?  What am I missing?  Is this not what getRecordsAsPropList does?
Is there a different way to do this?  I can certainly build this
myself from the #columns and #rows information, but I'd rather not if
I don't have to.

Thanks,

Irv
--