Exceptions checking -- BEST SOLUTION from Ivan and Ruslan.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Sep 15 23:45:57 CDT 2008

On 9/15/08 11:44 PM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at cognosis.be> wrote:

Hi Bart,

> few more questions:
>
> will this table be included in a dump / load cycle ?

Yes.

And since this is SYSTEM table, it and its records will be dumped even by

    DUMP Structure Only

> If not their is little reason to make it a system table since its
> content will be dropped every time we put in our subversion system
> (which is frequently)

Yes, so there is BIG sense :)

> In order to address it we will need to do
> use master;
> insert into.......
>
> Correct ?

NO.

We talk not about Master DB of VSERVER.

We talk about ANY DB and its system table(s).
    System tables of any db are stored in the .vdb file.

> tia
>
> Bart
> btw interesting WIKI page on the idea but maybe a bit quick ;-)

I don't think its too quick, because we have discuss this with Ivan about 50
minutes. Very long time for task :-)