Conclusion to Valentina and Vista

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Sep 12 00:38:45 CDT 2008

On 9/12/08 8:09 AM, "Bill Mounce" <rb at teknia.com> wrote:

Hi Bill,

> I have been fighting the Vista war all week and finally have
> resolution and thought I would share it with you.
>
> 1. I think there are bugs in XP SP1 that caused our app to fail. We
> set our minimum requirements to SP2.
>
> 2. The reason the app didn't work in Vista is that we installed it
> into the Program Folder. Vista forbids data to be written to anything
> in this directory. As soon as we pulled the directory out of the
> Program Folder, everything worked.

Do you mean that your application create db in the same folder as it is?
This is not right actually as for MAC so for WIN!

Both MAC and WIN have e.g. Such folders as "Application Data".
You need on default store your data of app there.

Another right place to store data and documents
is ... right -- Documents folder