Installing different versions of VStudio on one machine

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Thu Sep 4 14:24:28 CDT 2008

On Thursday, September 4, 2008 sunshine at public.kherson.ua (Ruslan Zasukhin) wrote:

>> If so, then why does the VStudio installer put VComponents here:
>>     /usr/local/lib/
>
>Are you sure? :)
>
>I think its some ADK e.g. V4RB or V4MD have install them there.
>But not VStudio

You are correct and I was wrong on that point.  But, I still have another misunderstanding.

I had VStudio 3.5.2 running fine.  Then, as a test, I deleted it and also deleted the VComponents folder in /usr/local/lib/.  I then ran the installer for VStudio.  As you point out, no VComponents folder is created.  But, VStudio does not run either.  I look at the size of the file and it is 23MB as opposed to the 71MB for the previously installed version.  I used the standard install - not the customize.

It appears to me that one must install the ADK first, and then install VStudio so it can pick up the files it needs from the VComponents folder.  Is this true?  If so, then yesterday when I needed to do a quick test using the 3.6 beta, I would not be able to use VStudio without first installing the VDK. This is kind of a hassle because unless you plan on upgrading, you then have to restore the ADK environment.

Steve
--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/